Save Money on Next Car Purchase
- Research your current car's value at Edmunds, KBB, TrueCar, etc,
- Sell current car on Craigslist after getting quotes from dealers, Carmax, if they were to buy it from you.
- Accompany all test drives and do final deal at bank or credit union, to sign over title in front of notary
- For great tips, visit: http://blog.phroogal.com/buying-car-heres-deal-salesman
- Research your new car at the same websites used earlier
- Look at lists of incentives offered by each manufacturer
- Look at dealer inventories and find a stock number you really like.
- Email several dealers and ask for an out the door price, with no trade.
- Remember, dealers pay several hundred dollars to use TrueCare, so expect them to also knock of that much for you for not using it.
- Run from dealers that send form letter replies or want you to come in for the usual "grind-down".
Look for promos like financing, even if it is only for a few months to get an instant discount.
On top of that was the dealer doc fee (all profit), 3% NC tax and usual tag fees.